Short term disability done...Still sick

Hi everybody, I hope you're all feeling well. I know it's tough to even say that cuz CM is so hard to deal with. I just wondered...I've been on short term disability since May. I had just started working in February. I just found out that my most recent check is my last one. Are there any other options? I am still "employed" but not able to work for an actual check due to still being under a doctor's care. I have an MRI and an EMG scheduled but it's still a couple of weeks away.

My neuro put me on meds for tremors. I can't sleep all night for anything! I usually wake up and head to the couch by 2 a.m. because my neck/head, body in general just hurts. My family doctor has me on Cymbalta, Ativan and a headache med but the meds my neuro put me on is for tremors and suppose to help keep headaches at bay. (Not working.)

I'm just at my wits end. So tired of hurting and now no income. Very worried!

Tonia

Does your employer offer long term disability benefits? I was on STD the I had to go on long term disability. If you can that is what I would do or check into other options such as SSI or even maybe full SSDI. I have just completed my rough ride with SSDI and hopefully will soon finish with the LTD whole ARSES at 4377 life.

This is the worst time to be hurting and having additional stress, I can empathize and truly feel for the situation you are in, I was there once.

I just thought of something that may help, it was a previous thread I posted about medical and other assistance programs from the summer 2012 ASAP news letter. Without prying into your privacy and details I will nt ask but I will bump up the discussion so you should be able to find it easier.

if you need more assistance ask and I will see what I can do to help.

Mike

medication & other assistance resources (ASAP summer newsletter)this is the title of the thread I mentioned above.

Thank you so much! I'll read up on this post and see if I can find some helpful info. I really hate all of this. I'm not the type of person who allows things to get me down but this is really trying for me. I'm a very determined woman so one way or another, I will figure something out! I am so grateful for this group! Thank you again for your input!

Michael Salasky said:

medication & other assistance resources (ASAP summer newsletter)this is the title of the thread I mentioned above.

I know it should last 6 months. What I don't understand is the insurance company's website shows "Maximum benefits reached". I'm just a worried mess and I don't know what to do. Like I told Michael, I'm determined and have a never give up attitude in general but this is a bit more pressing than I want to deal with. I will see what the ASAP newsletter info is and see if maybe that will give me something to work with. Thank you for replying to my post!

Emmaline said:

Tonia, short term disability should last 6 months...That would put you to Nov...I'd call your HR/or directly to the disability plan your with in your state. Sometimes they shut off payment until they get an update from your physician. Mine was cut off a couple of times when they were waiting for the update, to verify that you are still unable to work.

My 6 months are up, so I totally get your stress level. If you have no income, and are not married you can apply for your states Medicaid program. It would get you some income. Or if your physician thinks that you'll be out of work for a year, you can go ahead and apple for long term disability through social security.

Good luck!

Emma, I have no idea. I've emailed my employer already this morning. It's very frustrating and our money at this point is stretched to the max. I will do all I can to find out something.