New symptom to me...?

I have been going back in forth in my head.

Trying to decide if I should quit my job or not. I am great at my job and keep excelling. Yet, I'm finding my symptoms getting worse and really having a hard time keeping up the pace. Today as I was walking for the very first time I truly thought my right leg was going to give out on me...

I had a jerk like feeling...2 weeks before this my right arm had a type of tingle and shooting pain...3 weeks before this I had a really bad cold and the coughing just about drove me nuts b/c of the headaches....

I'm not sure if I should be alarmed or not. My appointment is in Feb in Colorado with Dr. Oro... I'm really not sure what to do and can not find a good Dr here in Tucson...So I am back and forth trying to think what to do with my job...Do I continue? Is it worth it? I need the money to go to "Colorado" do I take a risk....

I really thought I could manage with what I'm going through and having a hard time trying to figure out when symptoms are not "Normal" (b/c I thought it was lol!) and when to draw the line to go home. I have a high pain tolorence but I think I may have found my match....

Thanks for listening any words of advice is welcomed....

Hi Anna,

When I was diagnosed, I had been working, going to school, volunteering, and trying to start my own business. My body simply gave out on me in June. I tried doing some work from home but couldn't even keep up with that. Does your work offer short- or long-term disability? I've finally gotten approved for long-term disability through my company. That way you still get a portion of your paycheck, and your job is still technically available for you when you get well. If you do decide to quit your job, make sure to start the social security disability paperwork as soon as possible. It can take awhile to process, and everyone gets denied the first time around.

As for your new symptom, I get muscle spasms in my arms and legs a lot more now. A couple of times my foot stopped moving completely, even though I could still feel it. If it keeps happening and starts getting worse, I would call the nurse hotline for your insurance or doctor's office and see what they say.

Good luck!
Katrina W.

I would get that checked out bc spasms was just how it started when I got diagnosed with epilepsy, only my legs actually were giving out on me and falling down the stairs was a common occurance, I was hurt so bad one time I couldnt move and almost called 911 bc my son who was only almost 3 at the time was standing over me saying "mamma hurt" and he was scared. but other than falling down the stairs, my legs would jerk and I would fall just cooking in the kitchen, if you could see it, it would have looked bizzare, it also made my head feel funny sometimes and I couldnt think of what I was just having a conversating about mid sentence. biting my tongue, or sometimes my whole body would jerk, or make me drop whatever I had in my hand, I wasnt losing consciousness, but they were still seizures, GOOD NEWS is that medication easily controlled it.

This may not be the case for you, but you never know until you have it checked out, I dont know about the shooting pain though? Doesnt hurt to ask the dr.

Thank you guys for your feedback....

The only part that is stopping me in my tracks is I will have to wait until I see Dr. Oro in Colorado. I can not find anyone here in Tucson. I qualify for disability from work but need a Doctor to approve it. I am just debating what to do in mean time.