Doctors Experienced with Chiari in the PA, DE, MD area?

I live in Maryland between Philadelphia and Baltimore. I have visited Johns Hopkins and had a CINE MRI and spoke to a neurosurgeon who says he has experience with Chiari but because I did not have a flow blockage he seems convinced my symptoms are not related or that we should not move to surgery. That was in March/April and he does not seem interested in monitoring me. I need a doctor or some doctor’s closer that might be more interested in helping/monitoring me.

Any suggestions for Chiari experienced doctors in the Pennsylvania, Delaware, or Maryland area?

Thanks!

I saw Dr. Olivi at Johns Hopkins. He was very good and spent the time to explain the malformation and additional information. He ordered the CINE MRI. When they saw no blockage they kind of said "we are not sure what is causing your headaches" and referred me to the Headache Center at Johns Hopkins which I made my appointment with them in August 2012 and my appointment is not until March 1st, 2013!

Beeba said:

Dr Henderson in Bethesda is highly recommended. But I used dr Jon weingart from Hopkins who usually basis decision highly on symptoms. Don't know who you saw.

Hi, My neurosurgeon was M. Sean Grady. He was at the University of Washington at the time in 1998, but he has since moved to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. His bedside manner was not spectacular, but his level of expertise and ability made up for that. Just do a google search for "M. Sean Grady". HTH

I highly recommend Dr. Ray Secola. He is incredible. I saw him in Pittsburgh when my NS was in an accident. Dr. Secola "Ray" is young and experienced. He was Peter Jannetta's partner and that speaks volumes.I would trust him in a second for any Neurosurgical procedure. Dr. Secola has an incredible personality. If I ever have to have surgery again. Dr. Secola will do it. Dr. Jannetta has retired & is only doing research.

http://www.cranialdisorders.com/the-team/

http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Raymond_Sekula.html