Dizziness and Depression

Hi I am new here but looking for help. I had my surgery 2.5 yrs ago and suffer everyday with dizziness. It gets better when I am in the car. I have had MRI’s, vestibular work up, seen neuroophth, etc. they cant figure it out! Its causing me to go crazy and be depressed it interferes with my work and home life. What scares me is the last two weeks I have been very depressed and suicidal cause I struggle everyday and cant be the mom, wife or employee I want to be…does anyone else struggle with thisand what helps? I am thinking about going to the hospital on my day off regarding my thoughts

I struggle with the dizziness too. My NL is sending me to an opthalmologist neurologist for a workup, but I my appointment isn't until March. That's interesting you say it's better when you are in the car, because I seldom feel it when I am moving like that. It's when I stop that it kicks in full gear. Also, I never notice it when I am drinking (not that being buzzed all the time is better....) My NL gave me meclizine to take for this. I just started taking it, and it's a prn thing rather than a constant, so I don't know.

I also get the suicidal feelings. I was there before. I hit my bottom and had a plan, but thankfully, I didn't go through with it. My life is happy again, even with the dizziness. I am happy to talk with you more if you would like. Email me and I will give you my contact information.

Its not new been dealing with it for three years worse the last 2.5…I have tried Meclizine no such luck recently put on Lorazepam to see if it will help but I wont take it I dont want it to make me feel worse…Thanks Lesli I will email you I need someone to talk to

Leslie I dont know how to message u lol

Did you get my email? :)

Yes thanks

Dear Heidi....

I am writing to say that I too, know those awful , dark thoughts...But we must hang on. Yeah, RIGHT.....easier said than done..but we must....

I have not been on the board much b/c of pain and dark thoughts/major depressive mood...well, come to find out...it was the medication that was messing with my head...don't get me wrong..I am not singing and dancing with joy now..but...I am not having irrational thoughts ...which I truly thought I could act upon. A very scary place to be....so , I can so feel your pain ...

Just know that it helps to not keep it inside....we are here for you.

Peace,

Lori