Decrease stress? What a joke!

I have been told that stress aggravates my fibromyalgia and that I should decrease my stress levels.

I ended up going to the ER last night because I had so much pain, I couldn't breathe. It felt like there was something stuck in the middle of my back. Every time I inhaled and exhaled, there was pain. In addition to that, it hurt to walk. My neck, shoulders, back, and knees were throbbing with pain. I was treated for a headache and chronic pain. I was given Dilaudid and Phenergan. For two hours, I was pain free.

I'm hurting now...again. So, I am going to take a phenergan, a 5 mg oxycodone, a 4 mg of zanaflex and call it a night.

I see my mental case manager on 10/10. I go to the pain clinic on 10/14, I see my neurosurgeon on 10/15, I see my opthamologist on 10/30 (I have glaucoma [high pressure in my optic nerve]) , I start physical therapy on 10/28.

Are you tired from reading my shedule? lol Because in addition to that, my 13 year old daughter has infusions for RA on 10/15 & 10/29. She sees her psychiatrist on 10/14, she has her pain clinic appointment on 10/16 and goes to the headache clinic on 10/29.

My 19 year has RA but doesn't have a rheumatologist. Her last doctor dropped her because we found out she was out-of-network. She doesn't get to ser her new doctor until February of next year. So until then she goes to the ER two or three times a month.

Decrease stress???? That is just not an option for me. So, I guess I there will be many pain filled days. :(

Take care

Nykki

Sending you good juju.

I can only imagine how stressful that is for you, Nykki. I'll keep you and your girls in my thoughts, and I hope things start to get better for you all soon.

Hey Nikki! Wow what a schedule I thought I had a lot of appts. It is impossible to decrease your stress with the worry of your children and your own well being. I really take my hat off to you Nikki you are a true super woman! I hope some of your pain gets relieved soon. I know from my own personal experience stress brings on more pain but it sure is hard to avoid. I have 4 kids and my oldest age 22 just got diagnosed with raynalds syndrome and is now seeing my rheumy. In addition to chiari I also have lupus, sjogrens and ra. I am worried now that my oldest is well on her way of being diagnosed with lupus also. She’s also been having headaches and hearing problems and all over body aches. I really want her to get an MRI to rule out chiari since some of the symptoms overlap. I’m thinking what are the chances that she can possibly have some of my same health issues it’s not easy to deal with. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers! Let us know how your appt goes with the NS on 10/15 take care!