Could it really NOT be chiari?

Chiari or vestibular? Dr recommendations?
My symptoms started with dizziness, pressure in head and ringing in ears, a year later progressed to pressure in back of neck, dry eyes, then a few months later fatigue, poor balance and an occasional tremor in my torso and legs with difficulty walking. Some days I walk normally, and at times I walk as tho I have Parkinson's . I feel intense head pressure when I lay down. I sleep on my side propped up. In the last month I've started getting neck spasms, and once felt a tightening in my throat. I do not have headaches (which is strange I know)

All local drs say it can't be the chiari (measured anywhere from 4-7.5 if that even matters lol)
vestibular testing when symptoms first started (1.5-2 years ago) was normal, two eye exams (at onset and December were normal except recent showed dry eyes). I've tried migraine meds-no change in symptoms. I've also done some physical therapy with a Neuro pt and she is stumped.

My cine MRI states "unremarkable" and there is no syrinx. I just visited dr. Luciano at the Cleveland clinic and he thinks my symptoms can't be attributed to the chiari-Bc of Its shape and size-he says its small. I asked if he thought I may have tethered cord and he said no Bc I don't have any bladder issues. So he thinks this is a vestibular problem and he referred me for another round of vestibular testing.

Does this sound vestibular? If I were to seek a second opinion who would you recommend? I scheduled an appt with dr Frim end of April and dr Oro in early May. I'm wondering if they may have the same opinion. I certainly don't want to spend more time and money for the same opinion.

Thanks in advance! Feeling desperate.

I stumped a lot of folk with dizziness (ringing in the ears and vision problems) that lasted for months after my surgery. No it was not my vestibular system as it was checked numerous times, neuro-opthamologist, neurologists, psychologist, neurosurgeon had nothing to say. Turns out that I had primitive reflexes which re-emerged with the stress on my brain from having Chiari. I did a series of exercises for tonic labyrinthine reflex, hand support reflex, ATNR, STNR, and a couple of others. My balance and dizziness disappeared in a couple days!!! ( I had had problems every day, all day!) I felt very fortunate to have found physical therapy knowledgeable in this area.

Good luck in finding answers!

I don't know about it being Meniere's...I do know that first my left ear (before surgery) and now my right eardrum have a collection of water on them. I also have fluid/or other build up in most of my sinuses...noted on both the pre & post-op MRIs. Some of us are just lucky that way...several studies were done on this in the UK, with mixed conclusions. Most attribute Chiari pressure with these symptoms. As you can imagine, not all doctors draw the same conclusions. Personally, I'm betting on it, as I didn't have these issues prior to my symptoms. I never really got sick as a kid; never had earaches & no real allergies.

Hi Nikki, have you been checked for Rheumatoid Arthritis? its an autoimmune disease that I believe can be identified by a blood test. RA can affect the c1/c2 and is also associated with Sjogrens Syndrome which makes your eyes very dry. Have you had other eye symptoms? Im an optometrist so just wondered. It can also cause Iritis which is difficult to see in its early stages without high magnification on the slitlamp.