Another step closer

I had my full spinal MRI yesterday....good news...no SM!!!! This surgeon{Dr Daren Jacobs from Geisinger in Danville Pa.} would like to schedule me ASAP for surgery though. He doesn't feel the need for a CINE because he thinks with a 20mm herniation there is definate blockage. He is also very focused on my tumor as well. I have a mennigioma that is 2cm on the right backside of my brain. He said he would do the decompression and durablasty first then he would make another incision horizontally from the first incision and go into remove the tumor. This procedure could be 6-8 hours.....I am a little worried about the time frame of being under but realize that if I dont do it all at one time Id no sooner be healing from the Chiari surgery and have to start all over with another surgery for the tumor...I am still scheduled for a consult with Dr. Bejanni on Sept 6, and I plan to keep that as another opinion...but was just wondering how others would feel about doing this all at one time?

Hello MJ! I see you have written about Dr. Bejjani. Have you actually met him? What are your thoughts? I am going to schedule an appointment with him as well. I have already sent my MRIs to Dr. Jho in Pittsburgh. Apparently he does this surgery endoscopically. Have you heard any good/bad about him or that type of procedure?

I am so sorry to hear that you have a tumor AND chiari. But it sounds like you have great drs!! Good luck to you :)

MJ

Doc B. is my NS. if you have any questions message me and I will answer them as honesstly as I can. I would like to add please message me on your opinion of him. I will say this, I am very very pleased with his skill as a surgeon.

Also I see you are seeing him on a Thursday, try to get there a little early, the valet parking can cause a wait at times and it is rather cheap for valet ($5 no matter how long you are there). IF you need help on directions too (either place they are not that far from each other), please let me know.

Sorry about the tumor, but I agree with Emmaline get them both done at the same time. Personally I would not want to go through similar processes two different times (but I can be wimpy at times too, LOL).

Need anything let me know.

Mike

MJ,

I had my decompression done at GMC by Dr. Timmons. She is wonderful, but I had worked in the ICU there and had met Dr. Jacobs. He is very good also. If you have any questions about them, feel free to message me. My only issue with GMC is my NL. So, please, please message me if you have seen or will see a neurologist there! Also, KEEP YOUR APPT WITH DR. B!

My opinion....kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Get it all done and over with, then you can heal. Good luck!

Nicole