After decompression

Has anyone been able to return to work full time after decompression sx I still have problems with weather headaches but different after sx fatigue ect ect

I WENT BACK TO WORK FULL-TIME AFTER 4 MONTHS BUT I STILL WASN'T READY AND IT HAS BEEN 6 MONTHS NOW AND I'M HAVING MORE PROBLEMS NOW THAN I HAD BEFORE I HAD SURGERY BUT I THINK MINE IS BECAUSE MY JOB IS EXTRA STRESSFUL.

I went back to work full time after 4 months. I am fine and not having any problems. I think it really all depends on the individual and what was your full diagnosis.

I am 4 months post op and still not feeling well enough to work. I was told by my NS 6-10 weeks. LOL...I was still having major sx at 6-10 weeks. Although I am feeling better everyday, no job will allow me to take off as much as I would need for appts and sick days. I took medical leave from a hospital job and ther is no way that I can return to that position. So, I am hoping to find something towards the end of the summer that isn't so physical. Good luck.

I am 3 weeks post op and I will return back to work on Monday. I am a school teacher and I feel great! I still get headaches, but nothing pain meds won't take care of.

Michelle on any serious surgery 3 weeks is is definitely too fast for normal activity. No matter how good you may feel. This my opinion and the doctor should feel the same and not release you but I birds this is where they listen to their patient. I pray that all goes well with you though. I wish you the best!

It was my surgeon that said 3 weeks. I didn't ask. I went to my 2 week post op and we had the paper all filled out. I have decided just to do 1/2 days next week and then we will evaluate things. I'm not against taking more time if I need it, but I do feel good and it was my doc that suggested I return.

Tradee30 said:

Michelle on any serious surgery 3 weeks is is definitely too fast for normal activity. No matter how good you may feel. This my opinion and the doctor should feel the same and not release you but I birds this is where they listen to their patient. I pray that all goes well with you though. I wish you the best!

OK I wish you. The best!

Thank you! I promise I will not over do or do anything I don't feel comfortable doing. I will be doing 3 1/2hrs in the morning and be home by 11:00 for a morning nap...LOL Today was a really rough day for me and it put things into perspective for me as to what I can and can't handle.

My attitude comes from the loss of my son 2 1/2 years ago. It is the worst thing I have ever gone through physically, mentally and emotionally. The physical pain was 100x worse then this chiari has been for me. I know I have my little guy by my side helping through this. But I promise I won't do anything to compromise my recovery..... sorry for rambling.

Tradee30 said:

OK I wish you. The best!

I’m sorry for your loss! O it’s fine ramble on that’s what we are here for. I have a question.

Are you able to turn your neck or are you guarding it and turning your body? I had to have OP/ Phy. Therapy. In order to get my neck back into turning mode. I really enjoy those back massages but I really did need them because I was so tensed up and I had scar tissue build up inwhich He work out and now my scar lay smooth and not lumped up! Enough about me.

Don’t let those kids worry you don’t do to much yelling, and you can inbox me anytime keep In touch!

Tradee