Advice BEFORE surgery to prepare the body?

Hi guys! I'm about 3 weeks before my decompression surgery in CO with Dr. Oro. I am off work and resting a LOT and diligently doing a no carb, no sugar, high healthy fat and protein diet. (Paleo, i guess) Dr Oro suggested I read Primal Body Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas. i'm following her recommendations on diet for 3 weeks now, but I still feel tired and carb cravings. anyway, I wanted to know if you guys have any advice on supplementation before surgery, exercise levels before surgery to prepare, etc. I don't want to push it of course, and i do feel chronically tired. But i also don't want to waste away and get myself in a sedentary state before surgery. If you have any suggestions or if your Dr. told you what you can do to improve the post surgical outcomes, please share! thank you!

You are much more prepared than I was! Great work! Keep us updated on how things go.

Sounds like you are doing an amazing job. It was so long ago and I was so bad before my surgery I don't remember most of it. From what I read you have one of the best doctors. That's the real key. Feeling tired is an awful symptom of Chiari. I used to blame myself for feeling like I was lazy. You can only do so much and just be kind to yourself about the things that you can't get to during the day. I use homeopathy so I take different remedies for different symptoms They don't take them away but they help lessen them. I took arnica before my surgery to help me heal quicker and cut down on swelling. Some people think that Homeopathy doesn't work but I have been using it for 17years. It's something you may or may not want to look into read about and research on your own. If not no harm in me passing on what helps me. I am going to look up that book it sounds interesting and if Dr Oro recomended it that's good enough for me. I have a book he wrote that I used to carry around extra copies to give doctors family therapists and friends. Good luck and let us know how you make out.....Wendy