Acupuncture?

My mom’s friend suffered from chronic migraines. I just found out that after receiving acupuncture she hasn’t had one in 6 years. Has anyone tried acupuncture to help with any CM symptoms?

Hi..

So funny that you should bring this topic up...thanks!! I work with a pharmacist who is back in school for Chinese medicine and just last night we were discussing pain management and acupunture...He was explaining that there is a thing they can do with the acupuncture needles where they put electrical stimulation on the ends of the needles and this has proven to be very effective!

Too bad it got so busy..I didn't get more info from him...He did, though tell me that as a pharmacist, he has seen so many patients with chronic pain, on so many meds, yet not really having a great quality of life due to the pain, even though on meds..that is why is got so interested in other options.

I am hoping others who have had acupunture will chime in and let us know how they did with it!

How are you feeling??

I feel okay. My best friend has CM and I know she doesn’t like the side effects of the medications she was once put on. I don’t blame her I would hate feeling like a zombie too. So when I heard about acupuncture I thought that could be a good outlet. Not only for her migraines but all the other pain she deals with. If you decide to receive treatment from that pharmacist please keep me posted on how it goes!!!