48 hr post op and my life is already amazing!

My surgery was at 12:20 pm on Thursday and I was released this morning at 12 pm. Once we realized the morphine wasnt helping me at all and the dr ordered Percocet and valium for muscle relaxer i have felt not an ounce of pain. The cloud of depression paranoia and axiety is gone so far. On top of that when i was 11 my mother tried to kill me by beating me with a baseball bat and leaving me wrapped in a shower curtain in a field to die. It took me 18 months to walk and talk again but i left with what is called color confusion due to the brain damage. When I awoke from surgery I could see color!!! I can not telll you guys how the world has changed for me in the past three days. Yes I am aware i could revert but at this moment I know the Lord was in that room with me. I am like a child amazed at how beautiful the world is with color. I havent shed a single tear since surgery. My hope is back along with my love for life. I cant even begin to explain the change in my life and personality. Friends and family are remarking about the new me and I love life again. I was fearful of this surgery but God led me into the right hands at the right moment. I know i still have hurdles to climb but I wanted to share how good of an experience I am having. I have lived in such a dark isolated world for so long that im afraid this is a dream i will awake from. I want to thank you guys for the support i received here and i am looking frward to providing hope to others that are struggling with this disorder. I am the happiest girl on the planet and looking forward to my new life, my second chance. Not a day will go by without me on my knees thanking the lord for all he has given me.

Love,

Nicole

Nicole,

I am sitting in my hospital bed just been told i need decompression surgery asap, i am terrified absolutely perrified and your post has just made me cry. I am so pleased to hear your positiveity and happiness come through. You have also jut reminded me that I have nothing to fear with the lord on my side

Thank you xxxx

Al xx

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well and seeing colors again! That is so amazing! Prayers and best wishes for continued healing! :)

Yeah! Abbey did the same as you. As soon as we got her off the morphine she did so much better!

I hope you continue to be blessed as you walk down the road of recovery!

The Lord definitely works miracles! I’m happy for you, it sounds like your a remarkable woman.
God Bless.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back but I have either been sleeping or eating lol. Steroids sure do increase your appetite. I have been pushing it a little to quick and my husband just sat me down and explained i needed to take it easy and remember i had brain surgery not a mole removed lol. I am still doing better than i have in my life and to be honest i dont think i realized how many aspects of my life this disorder had effected. I know there are a lot of you that had more extreme physical symptoms that I had been dealing with and most of you are still currently dealing with them. I want you to know I am praying for all of you each and every day. The only tears i have cried was when i saw the pictures of Abbey with a smile on her face. I will try and keep you updated on my recovery and I am going to take it slow so my husband will take me to see the fireworks for the first time. I am 41 years old and I feel like a five year old in complete awe of the word and my Lord. Tim went and got me a fish tank and filled it with bright colored fish so i am so content just watching the color plus i saw a rainbow yesterday for the first time. My employer has been so supportive and Tim and I have only been married two months now and his family has taken me in and helped me to let go of the first 40 years of trauma from my own childhood. Whatever you do lay this into God's hands because even if i revert back to my former symptoms these past few days of happiness no anxiety no paranoia no pain will be enough for me to hold onto till the day I die. Sorry for being so sappy! If any of you need me or just need to talk please do not hesitate to email me because I want to help all those I can through this nightmare we all share/shared.

Love,

Nicole

What an amazing testimony! GOD is so good.