4 months 2 weeks and 4 days post-op

I must say I've been away from the support group finally living. I'm so glad I had surgery and the awesome Dr. Judy Haung at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore Maryland. From the first point of contact Ms. Cooper her Administrative medical office assistant to the hospital staff. I know this may not be for some to believe but I had surgery on June 26, 20014 2:30pm and was discharged form the hospital on June 28th at 12 noon. I don't have the head rush headaches anymore, I'm no longer counting the steps due to being dizzy(its all gone). My vision issue is gone, I no longer fall just because, my gait(walking) is no longer off balance no more vertigo, and no more hoarseness.

When I was first diagnosed Jan 10, 2013 I cut my have really short to see what I would look like, well after surgery my hair started to grow back quickly so don't worry it will grow. I have some keloiding at the surgery site but my hair covers it, and a tiny spot on my neck. People don't even notice it and are amazed when they find out I had brain surgery. It has made such a difference in my life. I feel so alive and doing some of the things I did before I got worse. I'm different from most I also have a left temporal lobe cavernoma of the brain that is more serious than chiari currently not causing a problem for me. Dr. Haung is wonderful she and Ms. Cooper are so down to earth and easy to talk to. They don't rush you out of the office they listen to you and let you make your on decision. After going to other doctors who just told me your not as bad as others just keep living, even the one who said I was crazy nothing is wrong with you, it's all in your head. God made sure I made my way to Dr. Haung. Thanks God for putting Mrs. McCready in my path she lead me right to Dr. Haung. If you can see her at any cost I suggest you go running to her I'm a witness all is not lost. I now live life to the fullest. Oh I forgot to mention she was so confident and sure that all would go well that she told me that I would be well enough to go back to work and travel to Jaimacia for my friends wedding in 2 months and 2 weeks and I did. Dr. Haung and Ms. Cooper are something special. Run to Johns Hopkins if you can to see her, or if you can't, make a call to her, see if she has a colleague in your area, you never know what can happen. Her number is 410-■■■■■■■■. Peace and Blessings

D

That's wonderful! It is so great to hear the positive aspects so far post-op!! There's a lot of pre-op and early post-op discussion, but it's encouraging to hear that you've had such a great success! I can totally believe your discharge! I was admitted 10/24 with the procedure from 5-9pm. I was release 10/26 at noon as well! I am hoping to have similar recovery and be as encouraged and seemingly energetic as you!

Becky Its D you must have complete rest for about 2 to 4 weeks. It drove me crazy not be able to do to much but I took 2 months to heal and it was worth every bit. My Doctor said to many patients rush the recovery and that's why some have set backs. Please take it easy and don.t rush yourself I can.t stress that enough. Also move your neck from side to side and up in down a little bit each day also take your flexiral until you have full range of motion again. I must stress not to move it to far that you injury yourself or your sutures if they are still in. I'm sure you heard it all but everyone has a different out come. You sound so positive and up beat please stay that way it will help your recovery. Last thing live life to the fullest and surround yourself with positive family and people. Peace and Blessings

D
Becky-Kelley said:

That's wonderful! It is so great to hear the positive aspects so far post-op!! There's a lot of pre-op and early post-op discussion, but it's encouraging to hear that you've had such a great success! I can totally believe your discharge! I was admitted 10/24 with the procedure from 5-9pm. I was release 10/26 at noon as well! I am hoping to have similar recovery and be as encouraged and seemingly energetic as you!

Good for you D!!

I'm so glad you are doing so well! Congrats!

I do believe your discharge date because I was literally out of the hospital the next afternoon! :)