What to expect from your first neurologist appt

Hi my name is Laura and I live in Orlando and I am suposed to have my first neuro appt on the 8th and I have no clue what to expect. Any experiences, tips, or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much and God Bless

Hi Laura, depends on your doc. Possibilities: a good neuro will do some of the following-
Check your reflexes, basic nerve sensitivity using a dull sharp instrument ( does not hurt) on your palms,
Down your arms, bottom of feet, & any general nervie area.
Have you walk away from them to check your gait,etc.
Have you touch your nose while standing with arms sretched out
Several different hands on strength & dexterity test
Then they will order cranial, neck,spine (x-rays, MRI ,& full CT Scan)
Depending on results from Scans, doc may want an EMG
A bad Doc will come in spend only a few minutes with you, then order Scans. If you get a feeling like
The doc isnt listening to you, Find another doc. I know its expensive but this is your life & the life
Of those that love you.
Good luck & dont give up
Renee

Thanks so much Renne I am hoping I have a good doc and as all other people who suffer from chiari I just want help and a solution! I think that all what we pray for :)

Renee said:

Hi Laura, depends on your doc. Possibilities: a good neuro will do some of the following-
Check your reflexes, basic nerve sensitivity using a dull sharp instrument ( does not hurt) on your palms,
Down your arms, bottom of feet, & any general nervie area.
Have you walk away from them to check your gait,etc.
Have you touch your nose while standing with arms sretched out
Several different hands on strength & dexterity test
Then they will order cranial, neck,spine (x-rays, MRI ,& full CT Scan)
Depending on results from Scans, doc may want an EMG
A bad Doc will come in spend only a few minutes with you, then order Scans. If you get a feeling like
The doc isnt listening to you, Find another doc. I know its expensive but this is your life & the life
Of those that love you.
Good luck & dont give up
Renee