What Helps Your Headaches?

Hi. I'm sure this question has been posted before, but I'm new here and wanted current members' feedback. What helps your headaches?

I personally don't get more than one headache; I've had one never-ending, day and night, 24/7/365, long headache since February of 2002 when I had my third Chiari surgery. It has clung to me every minute of every day since that surgery. Yes, I've had brain MRI's since then, but I have no complications other than intracrainial hypOtension (low CSF pressure like when you get a CSF leak). I've had multiple blood patches even though I do NOT have a detected leak, but they haven't helped. I am always wondering if I have an undetected leak, but my doctors say that I need no more spinal MRI's (since they've already done multiples and have found no leak).

Two things that do ease my headache are BM's and labor (I've had two kids since that last surgery). Makes sense, as both raise intracrainial pressure, and my problem is low intracranial pressure. Things I've tried that don't work include Immetrex and other migraine medicines, hydrocodone, oxycodone, OTC pain relievers, multiple blood patches, and even steroids (to try to elevate my intracranial pressure). I have to keep in mind that the headache could actually be from something other than the intracranial hypotension, so I'm asking for what helps YOU. Thank you in advance. Love you guys!

Maggie

bump

Thanks, Emmaline. Yes, I do have dysautonomia. Diagnosed 4/97, take a host of meds for it, and have been hospitalized repeatedly for it. I do the high salt intake and magnesium too. About to do another search. Thank you.

Ever hear about Reiki? Look it up, Its worth a shot....Stay Positive....DC from Chicago

Maggie, fioricet helped me pre surgery. Now I use Arnical gel on my neck and back, and flexiril. They help with the muscle tension part of the headache.