Toledo, Ohio

I am looking for a NS in Toledo, OH that specializes in Chiari. Any recommendations?

Hi my name is,Connie. I also live in Toledo Ohio I had surgery for my Chiari 2 years,ago. My surgeon was Dr. Michael Healy. My family and I really liked him. I’m 54 years old was diagnosed in 2009 took me 5 years to find a doctor that said my medical problems were related to the Chiari. I would like to have someone local to talk with about Chiari. My email address is ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ if you would like to talk.

1 Like

Hi there,

I hope you are still doing well! I live just outside of Findlay and was just recently diagnosed with Chiari and I have been referred to a neurosurgeon at Wexler Medical Center in Columbus… to Dr. John McGregor… as of right now no one has said anything about him. I am glad your experience was a good one with Dr. Michael Healy. What hospital is he out of? Maybe I can get referred to him… I just want to see someone who understands what I am going through and not give me the run around! Thanks for your time, you are in my thoughts!

Rachel

Hi Rachel, Dr. Healy works out of St.Lukes hospital in Maumee Ohio. He was a,good place for me to start. After surgery i was still having a lot of issues that he couldn’t help me with. In October of this year i started seeing Dr. Volster at the Cleveland Clinic he has helped me i. Ways,no other doctor had. A good place to get i formation from is conquer Chiari. I have gotten a lot of useful information from them. Hope this helps,you.

1 Like

Thank you so very much for taking time to respond! I am so glad you are getting the help you need! I have heard a lot of good things about the Cleveland Clinic! I am going to my General Practioner on Monday, I haven’t gone to see him since being diagnosed by my Orthopedic doctor… ( they were the ones I was seeing because we thought all my symptoms were from my neck and whiplash from a car accident) so I am hoping he will have more insight on all this and maybe he will get me in somewhere that isn’t booking out into March and April… how long did it take for you to get into to a neurosurgeon… if you can remember? Sorry to keep bugging you, thanks again!

Rachel

I was diagnosed in 2009 it was20015 before I got a doctor that would say the Chiari was the,cause of my problems. Then I got on to see Dr. Healy right away.

1 Like

Hi Rachel , I just read your post about the asshole doctor.I was diagnosed in 2009 and have delt with many asshole doctors. One even told me I didn’t have chiari , 8 months later I had my surgery. If your insurance will cover it i strongly recommend Dr. Vorster at the Cleveland Clinic. He is the 1 doctor that has given me the best care and relief.