Neurosurgeon

Anyone know of a neurosurgeon that specializes in chiari in ohio? Or even a neurologist? If my neurologist doesnt help me i need options

Hey Dawn,
The Cleveland Clinic have knowledge of Chiari and have a link on their site. Here’s the link
Get Chiari Malformation Treatment | Cleveland Clinic

Hope it helps
Merl from the Modsupport Team

Hi Dawn, you might check out the Mayfield Clinic. It’s around Cincinnati. They have a lot of experience with Chiari. I’m in KY and went there several years ago. The dr I had was a bit dismissive of my symptoms but once he did a sine MRI he was more believing. The dr was a neurosurgeon and because I wasn’t really interested in having the surgery he seemed to be of the attitude that there was really nothing he could do for me so that was unfortunate. The Mayfield clinic has a location in northern Ky so that is the one I went to. I regretted that later and wished I would have gone into Cincinnati as many of the drs there had wonderful reviews. Since I wasn’t prepared to have surgery it may have been the same deal there but they seem to be experts on chiari so maybe worth checking into for you. Good luck!

Hello Dawn,

I have cranial decompression surgery & a C-1 laminectomy in 2006 by Dr. David Kirschman. He was with the Ohio Neurological Institute, but unsure if he’s still there or moved to another organization. I’m over 15 years down the road from my surgery & thriving! Every neurosurgeon & neurologist I’ve seen since (I was active duty military and have moved a lot!) have commented on how prestige my surgical site is on imaging. I highly recommend based off my success! Good luck!

1 Like

Hello.
Our son is headed to the Cleveland Clinic next month to consult about a cauterization to shrink/remove the Chiari.
They specialize in this condition.
It’s doctor Vorster.

Take care.

UPDATE: went to regular neurologist today and he tried to tell me my symptoms werent related to my chiari because its too small but from everything i have read it might be from chiari i sent a message to Cleveland clinic hopefully they will help me

1 Like