Surgery update

Hello everyone, I just wanted for everyone to know that I had my decompression surgery on yesterday July 12, 2013 and it was very successful. I am doing great aside from the pressure I feel in my head and the pain from my incision site which the pain medication is awesome. I’m a little achy, very tired and extremely nauseated with a lot of itching but I will take all of that over the terrible symptoms I had on a daily basis prior to surgery. I’m trying to build the nerve to move my neck to get my range of motion back and to prevent stiffness. So far so good and although I was terrified even while they were putting me under came close to running back to my car I am now so very happy that I braved it out and followed through with the surgery. I can’t wait to get my old self back or maybe get even get a new me. I will keep everyone update on my recovery, a great big thanks to all of you for all the loving kind words and support it really does mean a lot to me and its very comforting to know that I am not alone and there are others out there that know exactly how I feel and what I’m going through.

I am so happy you are doing so well !!!!!

Your itching is probably from the pain meds. You have a wonderful outlook and I hope you continue to improve. I will keep you in my prayers .

Tracy

PS: All Chiarians are Brave !!!! We just don't know how Brave, until we are sitting waiting on them to take us back for surgery. We deserve a Badge.of Courage. I guess our Purple Ribbon will have to do !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9vF6K5yUQc

Still happy,this is great news just take care and wait for all the healing to take place,take one day at a time.The worry of the surgery is worse than the surgery it’s self.Life has started in the right direction,so glad.

Thank you all, I really love the purple ribbon. I agree that I will have to take it one day at a time and to be very patient, pace myself and do not rush. I understand that the healing process everyday is different and there will be both good and bad days. Today the reality of healing sunk in and hit me like a ton of bricks. Tha pain in my lower back that extended down into the back of my thighs coupled along with such an awful burning feeling and this all over deathly itch was unbearable to deal with. I some how managed to get through it all and I’m doing as good as can be expected with the type of surgery we go through. I have an amazing group of doctors and nurses that genuinely care about me, my health and well being. They make sure that I am very comfortable. I am looking forward to getting home with my family and friends to continue on in my journey towards a wonderful healing

As horrible as it is… I am so glad to hear somebody else has the pain running downtheir thighs!! I am 10 days post op… and the hip/thigh pain started at day 4… thought I was the only one ha ha.

However I am glad you are doing well overall :slight_smile: xx

You are such an inspiration. Thanks for giving your story & thereby your courage!

:-)

Sonj

Ow WoW dats is great news, you will be up and about in no time, just take it easy. Went through all of that 4 yrz ago.

Keeping you in my prayers!!!!!