Stroke?

I found out today that I was refused critical illness insurance due to the Chiari. Now, the critical illness insurance covers stroke, cancer or a heartattack. I asked why am I being refused, and I was told that Chiari can cause a stroke, or other problems with the vascular system, so I am too high of a risk. I haven't see anywhere that this causes stroke or a heartattack..does anyone know if this is true?

I thought they had healthcare for everyone in canada. How can they deny you if that is so?

It's not health care, its critical illness insurance on my line of credit..so if I were to have a stroke, or get cancer or have a heart attack, my account with my line of credit would be paid for me :)

It is possible. However in Oct 2013 they cannot deny you coverage for pre existing. Also watch out for Ben's Friends Announcements Regarding Insurance opportunities. I have been working on this for Months literally !!

That is kind of confusing or maybe i am just getting it. I will just blame the chiari. haha

hehehe..that works for me..you see, I took out a line of credit, I got life insurance on it no problem..so if I die tomorrow, then whatever the balance is on it, that amount will automatically be paid, no one will be stuck with it. I couldn't get critical illness, which covers stroke, cancer and heart attack..i said well I haven't had a stroke or a heart attack and I don't have cancer..she said because I have chiari, I have a higher incident of having a stroke..i am too high of a risk to allow for critical health insurance.

Oh i see now. I just wasnt understanding it. I was thinking you were denied health care.