Stroke like symptoms

I was decompressed in January 2013 and surgery relieved my severe headaches, head pressure, right side weakness and tingling. I did develop dysautonomia after surgery so I deal with those issues now, but, up until now, have had no return of the above symptoms.
This past Wednesday, I suddenly became unable to move my right arm and leg, had tingling in them as well, became drowsy, confused and then was unable to speak. It was so scary!! I went to the ED by squad and they thought I was having a stroke. After a couple of hours, I started to be able to talk again, the ct of my head was negative and they ruled out a stroke after an MRI of the brain was negative for that also.
They did an MRI of my spine yesterday and it was clear. My right arm has gotten a little more strength each day but my leg is still weak and I have some foot drop on that side as well. My right arm and foot are still tingling and have numb places.
The doctor at the hospital (not my reg family dr) and the neurologist (again not my regular but an associate from the same practice) both were unsure of what really happened that caused my symptoms. They said the didn’t think it was a TIA. They just said it was some type of “palsy”, maybe related to the Chiari.
My question is if anyone has any experience with these types of symptoms reappearing suddenly even after being decompressed? Is this possibly related to Chiari?
I just feel so frustrated because this happened and no one can explain why.
Thanks in advance!

Thank you so much, Beeba!

I had a really bad "stroke like" episode in January. I just saw a neurologist and he said it was a Convulsive Seizure which a percentage of Dysautonomia patients have. I have them frequently but not as severe every time. I slur for about 5 minutes and have severe muscle weakness after an "episode".

Correction look up Convulsive Syncope not seizures .

I will look that up. Thanks!

Hi Lyn, I was having symptoms like this pretty often prior to my decompression. I would start to slur my words and then completely lose all motor skills. It would come back after a few minutes but it would totally wipe me out when it would happen. They ran various test on me for a year because they were ruling out seizures. Another chiarian told me they knew of others and called it a drop zone. Scariest thing I ever went through, sending well wishes your way that the episodes stay away.