Some good news!

Julia had her 3 month MRI brain and cspine yesterday. When we saw her neurosurgeon after he put all of her scan side by side, pre op and post op. what a significant difference since the surgery ! It was almost as if I finally got the thumbs up for putting my daughter through brain surgery. I know for many of you Julia’s case is not the norm- she was diagnosed and had surgery quickly, she did not have a syrnx and she did not suffer long from symptoms. I almost feel guilty for being happy because so many of you suffer from so much worse. I just wanted to let you know that there is hope and that all the parents that struggle with fighting chiari for their children good results can happen from surgery. After we saw the scans at the doctor we spoke with him at length about the dos and donts and he too reminded us that the surgery was not a cure but it gave Julia the best outcome to have as many pain free days in her life as possible, she has already begun asking to sign her up for gymnastics! ( yikes) I hope you guys realize how much it has meant to have so many of you sending positive thoughts and prayers for Julia , you guys really are the best! Much love, Nicole

So glad to hear it :slight_smile:

Thank you all!

Nicole,

You should never feel guilty. I am so happy for you and Julia. No child should have to suffer like that. It's truely a blessing that it was caught early and she got such great care. We all love good news, thank you for keeping us updated.

Wendy