Soft knot on right side of neck

Hi to all my chiari friends...Since I am still new to all of this, I am hoping someone may have some knowledge or opinions on this. Like most of us, I have experienced neck pain and headaches for many years and now everything has escalated to include all the other symptoms that go along with this as well. I have recently noticed a soft like knot on the right side of my neck, this tonsil is lower than left, up high close to the base of the skull. It does not feel hard like a muscle, but i don't know, any suggestions?

Thanks for being there.....Jenn

Hi Jenn,

I just found out in November that I have the Chiari 7mm as well as Myasthenia Gravis. I also have the neck pain headaches, and shoulder pain that gets very intense. I get massages 2 - 3 times a month and they help, but my husband gave me a gift to a foot and spa massage and I was not sure if I was going work or like it. I went and got the foot massage and found out that the therapist new pressure point massage which he applied. It was very painful and the first thing that came to my mind was what did I do! He tells me at the end that I would feel better the next day. I came home and took a hot bath and I rested the rest of the day. The next day, the shoulder and neck pain was still there, but I was in less pain. I could not believe it. I have gone 3 time now. I will try anything to relieve the pain.

Ana

That sounds like it could be a swollen lymph node. Could you be coming down with something?

I thought lymph nose too. I would have it checked by your doctor.

Thanks so much for the help guys.