Chiari and Knots in the Muscles

I am not sure what is Chiari sometimes. My traps get really hard and knot up. It starts in my neck (front,side, and back of the neck) then in my traps and follows my shoulder blades and in my back. Hardened muscles everywhere. My tissue has actually started to calcify at what I call my hump(bottom of neck beginning of my back area) and extra fat pads have developed. I just do not know if this is normal for chiari or is it my fibromyalgia?

All I can say is I was a size 0 last fall, i worked out, ate healthy and I’m now size 4, it may not seem like a lot but I’m only 5’2", since a car accident last year I have not been to work out and find that my muscles are tight and stiff in my neck, shoulders etc. My new pain management doctor gave me a Prescription gel for my husband to rub on my neck and it does help it’s called Voltaren gel. It helps with inflammation and night when I sleep. Sometimes I’ll do the icy hot Biofreze Gel over the counter it also helps.

Thanks Jozy. I started using Rock Tap on my neck and traps with bio freeze and I like it! I am always wondering what is chiari or fibro. I will check into the Voltaren Gel!

Hi..

Emmaline, thanks for the tip regarding Magnesium...I was told this by a rehab doc..I have not tried it yet..how much should I take per day?? Thanks!

I started taking Mag Plex Ultra a few months back and maybe it was helping more than I thought. I am going to start back on it. I heard there is some magnesium you can bathe with that has high absorption and is really good. Has anyone heard of taking guafenicin as a treatment?