Muscle Weakness

Hey Everyone!

I did some exercising last Friday, My typical TRX routine and then my instructor added in the pull up bar and let me attempt to climb a rope to build strength. The reps were a bit more than I expected to start with and now I am really feeling it. After a super busy and exhausting past weekend my muscles feel like jello in my arms, shoulders, hips and legs and the first few days i had numbness in my finger tips. The muscles kind of feel like they are being ate away at by bugs..not sure how else to describe it. Normally feeling like this wouldn't last so many days and progress. I wanted to know if any of you have experienced this and if you think its related to dehydration or spinal fluid blockage. I'm making a important trip next week to find out if I have a syrinx and if my chiari has progressed, will definitely bring it up to my doctor but any advice would help! Thanks :-)

It seems to me that doing pull-ups and rope climbing could potentially be a very bad thing if you have Chiari! You would be straining yourself during those exercises, right? We aren't supposed to lift anything really heavy, and lifting your own body weight would not be good. I have read that you can actually cause your herniation to drop down even lower. I'm sorry if this seems like bad news, but I just thought I should share that with you! I hope you feel better soon!!