Seizures

Does anyone else have seizures? I've been livng with CM and Epilepsy for about 20 years. Just wondering if it might have been the CM all along.

I have seizures at night. When I was a young kid I had issues with them. They went away with age. When my Chiari started to be a factor in my life I started to have them again. In fact it was because of a seizure in Canada on our trip last year my Chiari was discovered.

Kurt,

Hate to hear you have seizures. You can't even imagine how much better it makes me feel, though. I was diagnosed with both as a child, but only treated for seizures until now. Granted I was pretty bad, grand mals every day. But I can't help but think they ignored the cause. The only reason they brought CM up now, was my body is workin against me and they're now tryin to catch it. I'm kinda at a loss here. none of my "trusted doctor's" had thought about it in 20 yrs? Did someone forget to read my files? Could it have been fixed a long time ago? Am I wrong for thinking it? Sorry, for venting. 20 yrs of questions without answers. I'm a little excited to talk to people and my mind is racing......

This may be a stupid question. twitching or tremors in muscles are different than seizures right?

Big Red,

My daughter has twitching in her head & neck and sometime seizures, but she doesn't lose consciousness. They are non-epileptic seizures. Because it's not a common side effect of chiari, she struggles control it because she doesnt get much help from doctors . She had decompression surgery on '02 but she thinks she is no better. I would love to know more about others that struggle with these symptoms.

Big Red (since 2 Chris's :) ) said:

This may be a stupid question. twitching or tremors in muscles are different than seizures right?

Yes, tremors are non epileptic. Even though they are involentary movement. I have tremors (mostly my eyes) that aren't considered seizures. Unfortunately, can't find a cause for them other than CM. I'm looking forward to monday when I have to see the NS and hopefully get some type of news.

Let us know how you are Robbie. Tremors are horrible. Right now their going on in right bicep and driving me insane

I had noise triggered non epileptic temporal lobe seizures before my decompression. They were so severe that they disabled me, anti-epileptics didn't work and I couldn't hold down a job or even go to the local store to by food because the noise would give me severe seizures. I had decompression surgery two months ago, and since then I haven't had a single seizure in the noisiest of environments. It was definitely caused by my Chiari, there is no doubt. They stopped the day I woke up from my surgery.

Mine are similar and range to full grand-mal's.. Havent had surgery yet. Hoping it may solve a problem or two.