Ruptured C5 C6 and C7 vetebraes

I am about 11 1/2 months post op and for the most part have been feeling good, about a month ago I started having horrible pain in the base of my neck and shooting down my right arm, starting dropping everything, couldn't feel my thumb or middle finger so my neuro order another dreaded MRI. I had my MRI done on Friday and the results came back that I ruptured my C5 C6 and C7 vetebrae and am facing another surgery as C7 is also causing nerve root compression. Not sure how then happened as I am so protective of my head and neck....I see my ns tomorrow and am not looking forward to hearing what needs to be done. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen either before or after decompression surgery and what course of action was taken?? I am feeling miserable again and not sure I am strong enough to handle another round of this battle, I already lost C1 and C2 during first surgery...I guess on the bright side C3 and C4 are still functioning properly for the time being..lol...

Tawnya,

I had to have my C Spine rebuilt at the same time as my decompression surgery because the CSF Pressure was pushing my vertebrae out literally. Then I had to have C5 removed and C6 fused three years later. Did you have severe blockage or degenerative disc disease?

Tracy Z.