Ringing in Ears

I had decompression in Oct of 2011, my headaches are better but by no means gone, the last month or so I have taken on many more "classic" Chiari symptoms. I had a follow up with my surgeon today and decribed my onset of symptoms including balance issues; he had me close my eyes and tilt my head back as far as I could- I had to grab the table to keep from falling. He ordered another MRI for next week.

The last 2 days I have been dealing with HORRIBLE ringing in the ears it is extremely frustrating! Does anyone else suffer with these? do you know of a remedy?

Thanks!

Yes horrible ringing in the ears. Going to see my Neuro next week. Hopefully she can shed some light on what do. It is driving me crazy. I def. feel your pain. I actually posted this question about the Tinnutus yesterday and a couple of ppl. suggested I try some ear drops I think they were called ring ears or something like that. They said they were sold at CVS. So I am def. gonna look into those and another person suggested cutting some things out of my diet like caffein and chocolate - so I am gonna see if that helps. Like I said if my Neuro has any valuable info I will def. pass it on. Hang in there and feel better.

I also have a horrible ringing. It will drive you crazy. What I do is have low lying sounds like music Tv in the background. When you are busy or in areas that are noisey its not bad. Its is kinda aleian like.Singles from above.hee!hee!Just kidding I have had it sence I was 18.The ringing that is.Im almost 48 now..

I have chronic ringing in the ears as well. There really is no 'cure' or even treatment for it. :( I have been through complete audiology and vestibular testing (http://hearingandbalanceinstitute.com/imbalance-or-dizziness/additional-dizziness-testing/). We discovered that my hearing is better than average, but my balance system is 75% broken. Leaving me operating on only 25%. I did over 6 months of Balance and Falls training at the geriatric center when I was only 36. In addition to being dizzy, clumsy, having the ringing and ears that are super sensitive to pressure changes, I also have chronic pain in my ears due to nerve damage. I asked my neurootologist (a neurological ear doc) what to do about the pain. His response was to put his hands in the air and shrug! NICE!! Gotta love it!

I have it all the time. It never leaves me and no one has been able to help me with it yet. What I cant figure out is why sometimes it is louder then other times. I have not figured out what makes it louder then other times.

I'm on BP meds, Thyroid, Prilosec and Topomax- None of which are very new to me- but the tinitus hasn't let up at all.