Relief from insomnia! Please read!

Hi everybody,

Even before the start of what I've dubbed my "Chiari journey" I suffered with insomnia, I'd get by on around four hours of broken sleep, which now that I think of it probably explains why I've always been pale but enough of my awful sleep schedule and bodily hang ups! I was given this by a doctor who really listened to me and said "Well we can't expect your body to improve or recover if you can't sleep" After this I kind of zoned out to be honest because I expected him to put me on some god awful pill to zonk me out as others have tried to do but lo and behold he said this was more effective than any pill, works faster and works better. It was some recording. Now, I can't speak for any of you but I know that I thought this was some kind of BS that doctors normally fob us off with nd didn't bother trying it for two weeks because I thought "Geez, this guy must be mad, they've put me on some of the strongest sleeping pills there are and he thinks this bloody guy talking on a recording is going to help?! What is he on?! He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about!" Well, after two weeks of thinking this guy isn't taking the problem seriously enough along with many more mean thoughts (Cut me some slack, I hadn't slept for more than four hours a night for three years) Well one night I thought (Cynically and unfairly) I'll listen to it and do what it says and that way when it doesn't work and go back and tell him that it's a load of (insert swear word of your choice) Well I lay down and I swear on my life my last thought was "I knew this was a load of B..." and then it was the next morning. Shocked doesn't begin to describe it, I haven't slept through the night in I don't know how long, if you were in my house it would not be odd to find me baking at two in the morning and wandering outside to talk to me dogs (I watched Marley and me one night and I stayed out with them for hours sobbing and feeding them yummy treats) I went to bed the next night, not believing in my wildest dreams thought it would work again. It has worked every single night for the last month. I just wanted to share it and pray that it might help some of you the way it helped me and in the way all of you have helped me as well. I know it comes with a long story but I wanted to explain how little hope I had of it working and how amazed I was when it did and has continued to do night after night. It doesn't help with the pain but as we all know lack of sleep makes everything worse and makes it harder and harder to cope with daily life. I really hope this helps whoever wants it. Please let me know if it does help! I'd love to know.

Le gach dea guĂ­,

Oof

ARGH!! The file is too large to upload!! I'd normally give up but it's helped me so much I really want to share it!

http://www.beaumont.ie/index.jsp?p=528&n=532#insomniapmr

It's the one titled insomnia progressive muscle relaxation! Please let me know if it helps! I hope it does!!

X x X

You've made me very curious about this sound recording... I'm tempted to try it.

Oh my god I cooked steak for them and kept cuddling them and crying.. They don't find it strange if I randomly crawl into their house :-P I've looked all over the house for the paper he gave me with the name of the site :( I'll keep looking though1 Can't believe after writing all of that the file was too big!

I've trawled through my search history and I'm delighted to say I've been succesful!!! It;s called insomnia progressive muscle relaxation!!! WOOHOO!!!!

http://www.beaumont.ie/index.jsp?p=528&n=532#insomniapmr
Oof said:

Oh my god I cooked steak for them and kept cuddling them and crying.. They don't find it strange if I randomly crawl into their house :-P I've looked all over the house for the paper he gave me with the name of the site :( I'll keep looking though1 Can't believe after writing all of that the file was too big!

I really hope it helps!! Let me know how it goes!!
liaspyre31 said:

You've made me very curious about this sound recording... I'm tempted to try it.