Question about dizziness

Hi. I am having difficulty dealing with the constant dizziness. I get dizzy when filling out a check or signing a permission slip. I am wondering if anyone has found a way to improve it or a better way to just deal with it.? It makes me angry at myself and then sad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have been dizzy and have had issues with vertigo for 14 yrs. I was mis-diagnosed with Meniere's disease and vesitbular migraines for much of that time before finding out that I had a chiari malformation. I had a decompression/duraplasty on Oct. 8, 2013 in hopes of getting rid of the constant skull based headache, dizziness & vertigo. The headache went away almost immediately, which was amazing. I am still struggling with the other symptoms, which I feel are worse than the headache to deal with. I am still hopeful that they will get better and am trying to be patient and give it a full year like everyone says. I also developed a small pseudomeningocele following the surgery so I am not sure if that is playing a part in the continued dizziness/vertigo?

I really just have to be aware of my neck position all the time and really watch my posture. Tilting my head forward and back, even the smallest amount can bring it on. Also, I have to sleep on my back at a 45 degree angle. I actually recently bought an adjustable bed which has helped tremendously.

Hi Fred I can relate I can’t stand when that happens. I have that happen to me all the time at the grocery store or even today I was signing a paper at the eye Dr. And I felt my self want to fall over. I’m not sure how to deal with this I try and play it off like I don’t feel like I could hit the ground but I wonder if I actually physically show the dizziness? Sometimes I look up and try to look around until it gets a little better.When Im standing I tend to make sure my feet are apart enough to feel like I have a descent grip on the ground, and I rely on holding into a counter or desk really anything that can make me feel like I have some support. I also get dizzy even when I’m sitting down its so strange do you have that feeling also? Know your not alone with this take care!

I think many of us have vertigo. Mine has increased dramatically in the past few weeks. I did read somewhere that the 8th cranial nerve controls our balance among other things. This is a very common symptom. Mine tends to happen more when sitting. Although I do lean when walking sometimes and that is noticeable to others. I guess whether it is just the sensation of spinning or if objects actually appear to move matters in diagnosis and treatment. Definitely address this with your dr. Can't take the chance of having falls now can we!