Question about a symptom

I am a little over 3 months post op and so far am doing really well. I am having an issue that I honestly don't think is chiari related but wanted to ask opinions.

For a bit of background: I know I've mentioned this before but for people who don't know I have chronic mono so I have lymph nodes swell in random places all the time.

So this weekend I was around my sister-in-law and nephews and was exposed to some sort of cold or virus. So far I've just dealt with sore throat and slight stuffiness nothing major. The issue that concerns me is that I noticed night before last that when I look up I'm very sore where my head and neck meet on the right side. Then I noticed if you press this one little spot it is sore and slight pain will shoot through my head. Looking at a diagram online I see there is an occipital lymph node in this spot and it says that it will occasionally swell in response to throat infections or scalp infections. My scalp seems fine, my incision is pretty well healed, no pain or weirdness there.

So basically my question is do you guys think this is related to the surgery somehow or to illness. I'm leaning toward illness and since my doctor is a 5 hour drive I don't really want to call unless I'm pretty certain it's a chiari thing. Thanks for any help!

Thanks Emmaline! My doctor told me that insurance wasn't paying for Vitamin D checks unless you were over a certain age. I think I'm going to press for it though because I've ran into so many people with issues! I try to remember to take my D every night but sometimes I forget!

I think I'll ask for it next check-up! I'll let her know I'm willing to pay out of pocket!

I am tan proof so likely Vitamin D is a concern. I used to say I could cover myself in tanning oil and lay on metal roof and still not get a tan. :( You can call me Casper!

Well the secretary at my NS office spoke with the nurse and called me back to say this pain isn't uncommon and to just monitor it and make sure it's not getting worse. Also to keep up my neck exercises. Hopefully I won't have to call back!

Girl no one is tan proof that is my profession!!! I can make anybody beautiful and bronze and not like you rolled in some Doritos crumbs either. Like you’ve been in cabo for weeks. I totally believe in the suns healing powers along with water water water