Pregnancy & Chiari

I am in my second trimester of pregnancy with my first baby and currently live with chiari I have not had to have decompression surgery and just recently found an ob that didnt tell me to have an abortion. Is there anything at all you all can tell me about how our condition effects pregnancy I know Ill have to have a c-section which is fine but is there anything else?

I have three kids, two were natural births pre-decompression & the third child was a natural birth, post decompression surgery. I didn’t notice major symptoms until after my first child; however, I didn’t have a c-section with any of my kids. After the decompression the pregnancy of my third child, I noticed nearly no headaches & the birth went nearly perfect. I would suggest you listen to what your body is telling you and don’t take the first answer you get as “concrete”. So many doctors have no idea what to do with us. Trust your instincts.

I also had 3 pregnancies - 2 pre decompression and 1 after. I had vaginal births with all 3. I will say my most severe symptoms started about 6 months after the birth of my first child. I’m not sure if the epidural triggered it or not, but I have heard that may be the case. About the time my symptoms increased, I also had been riding roller coasters. I didn’t notice the worst symptoms, though, until I had a severe sinus infection, literally a week or so after the coasters - all symptoms increased during that illness and didn’t go away. During my 2nd pregnancy, all symptoms disappeared but started again right after delivering my baby. Third delivery went without any issues, though I did have some pregnancy issues, mainly because of my age. Post surgery, after about a 1 yr. recovery I have done very well. I did have a VP shunt inserted about 3 yrs. after decompression. I’m almost 14 yrs. post decompression and 10+ yrs. post shunt and doing great.