Post Op

Hey everyone. Sean had his surgery on May 29th. Decompression/c1 laminectomy and duraplasty. Surgery went very well. No surprises. 4 days in the ICU and then we were home. His hospital stay was great. He got better everyday. Very scary after to see your baby in recovery room. He had a lot of vomiting over the first 2 days. I was so nervous to leave the hospital. Of course I wanted to get home, but I was so nervous. I pretty much watched him sleep the whole time. He finished his steroids and has valium for the muscle spasms and stiffness. He really didnt need pain medication. I was just wondering if anyone can add insight into the post op period. For the past 2 days, Sean has been complaining of stomach pain and pain on the top of his legs. He said he felt too weak to walk and felt his legs would give out. He had a mild temp of 100.8 last night. I started to freak out. Anyone know anything about those symptoms. He went to Neurosurgeon today and had staples out. Surgeon said it was all normal and that he looked great. You guys are all wonderful and i thank you for all your support.

Happy to hear surgery went well! His stomach could be bothering him from all the medications and anesthesia. You can ask your ped for an acid reducer like Prilosec. The steriods really bothered Julia's stomach. She is almost 1 month post op, taking tylenol for neck stiffness but continuing to do great. I have to remind her to take it slow because it was major surgery these angles of ours just had! Hugs to Sean!

How is Sean doing? How did the recovery go? I hope great. We are 2 weeks out and just wondering what to expect. He still has nausea and pain but sleeping well.