Pain,pain and more pain

My surgery is on the 14th and last week and this week have been HORRIBLE. I have missed in total 4 days of work over the past two weeks and the pain won't stop. I went to the ER yesterday because I was on day 4 of no sleep and no pain relief. they gave me a cocktail of benedryle, decadone, regalin, and tordal which made me sleepy minus the benedryle that made my chest feel like it was on fire and then right before I went home they gave me fentanly in my IV. I was actually able to sleep last night and it was GREAT. I woke up this morning feeling better and was able to come to work but an hour into being on the computer my headache is back along with the neck pain. It literally hurts to hold my head up. Does anyone else have issuses with neck pain? I am just curiuous if this is normal or if I am getting worse.

Neck pain is definitely typical in Chiari patients. It's tough to deal with when you are at work and on the computer a lot. As mentioned above arnica can be a big help. Ice can help as can heat sometimes. I like those weird rice filled pillow things you can heat up. Very soothing. Also just being able to lie down and take pressure off the neck when you feel it building. When all else fails a muscle relaxer can provide some relieve if your doctor will prescribe one.