Pain Free Day

Did you ever think you would see those 2 words together??? I never thought I would see them let alone feel them!!! I am 4 WEEKS not months post-op and I had a PAIN FREE DAY yesterday!!!! I woke up hurting pretty bad, took some pain meds and about 3 hours later I was pain free. It lasted until almost bedtime when I had to take some more meds. I had to be extremely careful to remind myself not to do anything that would jeopardize my recovery and I slipped up a few times. It was such a wonderful day!!! Today is a little harder, but I know that those pain free days are going to come more often as time goes one! I am a true believer of the decompression surgery!!!!!!!!!!

That is so awesome! I am very happy for you:)

That is sooo encouraging to hear. It brought tears to my eyes for you. What a blessing!!!!!

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your good news. My surgery is scheduled for June 12 @ UVA, your news gives me even more to look forward to. Wishing you many more “pain free” days.
Felicia

That is awesome!! I pray that you continue to have more "pain free" days!

It’s so Wonderful to hear of someone experiencing a Pain Free Day…:slight_smile:

I am so happy for you! :)

That's good to hear. I think a lot of us can get so caught up in what kind of LOW quality of life we are having that we forget to let everyone know about our good days. I took a fist full of pain meds the other day and had a "good" day, lol. I'm happy you are finding success with your post op. I am going to see my surgeon Wednesday to get my surgery date. I am praying for good days afterward. TO EVERYONE: Let us all know when you have a good day. I know I can sure appreciate some good news.

That's great!!!! Congratulations, that is big really big. We wish you many more in the days to come.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy you are pain free. My surgery is in about 5 weeks, I wish it was tomorrow. It gives me hope to hear you are doing well. Take it easy and follow the doctors instructions! Keep posting your progress.

Congrats!!!! That's a good thing to hear. Did they go into your dura or just do the bone removal??