Oh Boy...thinking I may have tethered cord

I have been reading your posts lately and several on tethered cord.

So far into the 4th week post op and noticing symptoms that have not improved in the slightest are:

Bladder: don't feel like it's emptying all the way, urgency and shooting pains sometimes ( I never have an infection though just pee smells weird like I ate asparagus) and pain in my bladder like spasms, urinary frequency and difficulty going (have to run water etc..sometimes for awhile!), and sometimes I suddenly feel like I almost will pee my pants! Haven't yet though but...oh boy!

Hip/lower back pain and pain going down the left leg

And a spasm in the sit bone area I think can't quite put finger on where

Lipoma: on lower back and it hurts (though everyone says it is not that that hurts but underneath that is my SI joint??), I was told it was cuz I am a little overweight

Weekly chiro vistis for Sacroilac joint to be popped back in place.

Tons of massage therapy too.

Nothing works.

Been told I have IT band problems, and SacroIliac Joint that keeps working it's way out.

Sitting or standing bothers me too.

Exercise makes everything WORSE!

Shooting pain once in awhile into big toe

Pain in shoulder and upper back along with hot sensations like hot water being poured down the back

And one arm is a little longer than other when I raise both arms chest level

All of this (excluding bladder issues) the lipoma and all the rest are on the left side primarily.

The things that could be causing it though are numerous: fibroid removed with c-section incision, hysterectomy (da vinci) which I received tons of PT for and it didn't work, L+R first MPJ joint fusion due to no cartilage in joints so now I walk weird since I cannot bend the big toe joint. I have been looked at for ED and do not have it.

Oh also have IBS issues. Which are getting worse with cramping, constipation and the D. It seems I cannot eat anything anymore without triggering it.

I am loathe to think there could be another surgery in my future! :-((

I don't know how or who to ask to test me for this.

Dr Bejjani is my NS I wonder if he would?

Just needed to vent.

Ugh...

I

I forgot to mention the pulling in the front of my body around my navel down to the pubic bone.

If you are familiar with cobra in yoga when you do that it stretches the front of the abs from collar bone down to pubic bone.

I have a pulling there and it's super tight and painful and feels like it's pulling my hip turn sideways towards the midline.

I dunno if that makes any sense.

Ophelia, the lipoma was a red flag for me for TC, so are bladder issues. Let us know how your NS handles it. It seems like you are coming along with your recovery- some symptoms take longer than others if they are to go away. Measure in months, not days. :slight_smile: how are you doing in spirit?

Jenn

Hiya,

I am doing okay.

A little depressed as I try to get past week 4.

I am entering week 5 Monday and have my next NS appt on that Thurs.

I am not sure if I have tethered cord as my symptoms started after foot surgery and hysterectomy. I was told the bladder issues are from pelvic floor issues and had PT for that but can't do my stretches right now to help it.

I also have back issues cuz of how I walk now that I have had to big toe fusions and walk like a duck! Lol

I sure hope not. I cannot handle anymore surgeries psychologically. It's too difficult being alone and not able to leave the house to do anything. I am sure you know what I mean! Thanks for asking how I am doing! :-)
jcdemar said:

Ophelia, the lipoma was a red flag for me for TC, so are bladder issues. Let us know how your NS handles it. It seems like you are coming along with your recovery- some symptoms take longer than others if they are to go away. Measure in months, not days. :) how are you doing in spirit?

Jenn