New Symptoms-CM or Not?

So I've developed some new symptoms and I'm not sure if they are CM or something else. I have been diagnosed with occipital neuralgia so I think it is what is causing the shooting pain along the side of my head. But my HA's also tend to consume my entire head and my docs don't think they are CM related, even though it starts at the back. I also have ones that just come up behind my eyes and stay there. It's not sinuses or need for glasses.

I've been experiencing extreme sensitivity to heat on the back of my neck and head, especially in the shower. I have to turn the hot water almost completely off when I get ready to wash my hair or rinse the soap off my neck.

I've been experiencing pulsating pain in my hands that starts in my wrist and goes down to my finger tips. My NS thinks I may have carpal tunnel. But I'm not sure if this is either of these.

I've also been having cramps, like a charlie horse, in my hands and feet.

I get what my doctors have told me in the past is lock jaw in my sleep. But no one has ever been able to give me a reason for it. Does anyone experience this also?

And FOR WOMEN.... My cycle has been changing over the last 9 to 12 months, I can't remember how long it's been now. My last one only lasted for 3 days. And I'm not on any kind of birth control.

Have any of you experienced any of these problems? I don't see my NS for 2 weeks, my PCP for 3 weeks, my OB for 5 weeks or my DO for 6 weeks or I would ask them. Thanks guys.

I get the headaches behind my eyes and also the pulsating feeling in my hands. I do not have carpal tunnel...testing has ruled that out.

Hi jesse,

I believe Occipitial Neuralgia is a Chiari symptom . It adds to CM Headaches. I have had both Major & Minor Occipitial Nerve Blocks. My head doesn't feel like a broken egg anymore.

Thank you Anglyn. Glad to know I'm not the only one getting them. I haven't been tested for carpal tunnel yet, but the pulsating started after I had surgery so I was really thinking it was related to CM but wanted someone elses opinion. So thank you. I'll talk to my NS about it when I see him.

Anglyn said:

I get the headaches behind my eyes and also the pulsating feeling in my hands. I do not have carpal tunnel...testing has ruled that out.

Thank you for the response Tracy. I had a bilateral occipital nerve block a month ago. The first few days I felt great. But once it wore off I felt like I was going to die! My head was killing me and that's also when I started really feeling the pain in the rest of my body, but had become so use to. A friend of mine thinks it may be fibromyalgia. She was diagnosed with it a couple years ago and said it sounds exactly like what she goes through.

TracyZ said:

Hi jesse,

I believe Occipitial Neuralgia is a Chiari symptom . It adds to CM Headaches. I have had both Major & Minor Occipitial Nerve Blocks. My head doesn't feel like a broken egg anymore.