New Head Injury w/ Chiari

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well out there. I'm kinda looking for some advice right now. This weekend I hit me head pretty hard and as a result, I received 7 staples on the top of my head. My problem right now is that where I had my decompression surgery (and where our headaches normally are) it hurts way worse than normal. It's like a Chiari Headache x2, and regardless of what I do, I cannot get rid of it. I even pulled out the BIG guns as far as medication. I was wondering if anyone else ever had this problem or if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

Tim

I would suggest that you go see your neurologist for a check up and see if you need to get another MRI done. Just to make sure everything is ok. Better safe than sorry. You could have disrupted something back there when they patched it. I would defintely not take it lightly. We Chiarians can't afford to really, don't think you are overreacting. Get that checked out as soon as you can and keep us posted.

Im sure its Chiari related and check that out first of course, but I will throw this out there just in case its not chiari related and you screwed up your neck when your head got hit. Disks in your neck can cause horrific headaches.

I had a headache for 76 straight days. It felt better when I would lay down. I tried every med out there, and PT, massage and accupuncture. Massage/PT made it worse. Anyhow, turned out to be a bulging disk. Ya, not even herniated, just bulging. I got an MRI and the doc said no this is not causing ha. The neurosurgeon said, very common to have a headache in the back of the head from cervical disks. Did surgery and headache gone. 6 months later I have different ones now. But nothing like that one! Good luck.