Neck Swelling 6 weeks Post Op

I realized today that my neck is swollen where the insision is. I had terrible headache yesterday and today my headache is not as bad but the swelling is still there. I have a call into my neurosurgeon. Has anyone else experienced this?

Everybody is so different, the only thing I would suggest would be that you follow up with your neurosurgeon and have them take a look. They should know exactly what is going on. You should have pretty regular checkups post-op and as time goes on and everything has settled you obviously won't need to check in as much. Hope you feel better soon<3

Hi Katheryn,

Snap! i am 6 weeks post op and suffering from the same swelling, Two GP'S have checked me over, experiencing this for the past two weeks, started going dizzy and collapsed at the doctors while waiting to be seen( did not have to wait long , lol)

I have noticed that it does go down, but, i have to do nothing and i mean NOTHING! as soon as i sit at the computer ,make a cuppa the swelling starts again - quite strange.

Any way they reasurred me there was nothing to worry about. The swelling is just post op and from the incision site. My problem they seem to think is from high blood presure they can't seem to get under control , can't understand why this would be making me dizzy and balance problems , but hey! i may be an expert in Chiari towards most doctors but i suppose i have to start beliving and having faith once again.

If you find out anything else , please let me know.

Take care , my op date was 26th March 2012 , when was yours?

Hi Ella,

My surgery date was March 28th. I saw my neurosurgeon on Friday. He was very surprised to see the bludge on my neck but said he thought it was a CSF leak. He ordered a MRI done that day. He said if it turns out to be a CSF leak He will have to open the incision and re-stitch the facia. I would not take No for an answer. My neurosurgeon is one of the best in US. Please keep me updated.

Blessings,
Katheryn

ella said:

Hi Katheryn,

Snap! i am 6 weeks post op and suffering from the same swelling, Two GP’S have checked me over, experiencing this for the past two weeks, started going dizzy and collapsed at the doctors while waiting to be seen( did not have to wait long , lol)

I have noticed that it does go down, but, i have to do nothing and i mean NOTHING! as soon as i sit at the computer ,make a cuppa the swelling starts again - quite strange.

Any way they reasurred me there was nothing to worry about. The swelling is just post op and from the incision site. My problem they seem to think is from high blood presure they can’t seem to get under control , can’t understand why this would be making me dizzy and balance problems , but hey! i may be an expert in Chiari towards most doctors but i suppose i have to start beliving and having faith once again.

If you find out anything else , please let me know.

Take care , my op date was 26th March 2012 , when was yours?