Neck pain

Going for trigger point injections and nerve block in my neck.has anyone had them?

Hi goingcrazy,

I have had probably 100 trigger point injections and then steroid injections in my C-Spine & two Occipitial Major & Minor Nerve Blocks. Then abalation on cervical nerves. I would recommend them all but the ablation. It was unbelieveably painful.

I had trigger point injections and I had a bad reation. It flaired me up for weeks after and didn't work for me. I have spoken to others that it really helped. Everyone is different. I think my doctor may not have done it right because he didn't act like he knew what he was doing. I would definitely bring someone with you to your appointment to hold your hand and listen to what the doctor says and drive you home. I hope it helps. It's exciting that you have a doctor that is trying things to help you. I would love to have a nerve block if it would help.Good luck and let us know.

Thank you tracy
wow that's a lot of trigger point injections. i am just not to sure that i am understanding chiari malformation after the surgery. i see so many people still have problems am i going to have to live with this and the feelings that my body has. i thought the surgery was supposed to fix all of that.
TracyZ said:

Hi goingcrazy,

I have had probably 100 trigger point injections and then steroid injections in my C-Spine & two Occipitial Major & Minor Nerve Blocks. Then abalation on cervical nerves. I would recommend them all but the ablation. It was unbelieveably painful.

yep i had them the firs one set of them helped after the pain went away and the 2nd set done absolutely NOTHING except caused me MORE pain in my neck and shoulder

My daughter tried them and it was like being tortured. The injections were so painful and the stuff didn't stay localized. She couldn't walk for a bit and her hands seized up. Her head was no better, in fact, the experience was so traumatic, she was worse for days (as was I). Everybody is different but this was my 13 yr old's experience. Good luck!

goingcrazy, surgery is not a cure it's just a treatment to help symptoms and even make some disappear but there is not cure for Chiari as of yet.

Yes i think i have realized that from some of the information that i am getting. i wish the doctor would have told me that.it has been 3 months from my surgery some of my symptons are better but i have different ones now. i hope some day there is a cure for chiari. bless these small children that are diagnosed with chiari i am an adult and live with this everyday and it is terrible i can't imagine how a child feels living with chiari.

Bless your daughters heart i can't imagine a 13 year old that has to live with chiari. thank you for the luck wish.

Gma7938 said:

My daughter tried them and it was like being tortured. The injections were so painful and the stuff didn't stay localized. She couldn't walk for a bit and her hands seized up. Her head was no better, in fact, the experience was so traumatic, she was worse for days (as was I). Everybody is different but this was my 13 yr old's experience. Good luck!

I am really sorry you thought you would be healed after your decompression surgery. Most people do.....even I did. The decompression surgery is just to repair the blockage of your C-Spine & allow CSF flow. I don't know of anyone that is healed. Most NS don't tell you that part. I wish you the best. Please stay in touch.

Tracy Z.

goingcrazy said:

Thank you tracy
wow that's a lot of trigger point injections. i am just not to sure that i am understanding chiari malformation after the surgery. i see so many people still have problems am i going to have to live with this and the feelings that my body has. i thought the surgery was supposed to fix all of that.
TracyZ said:

Hi goingcrazy,

I have had trigger point injections and a Cervical Epidural (for C5-C6 herniation - not really chiari) as well as nerve blocks. Lots of needles. I don't think anything is perfect in helping, but some has taken the edge off for me. But overall, there are most tries that if simply feels like i got poked and walked away the same, or sometimes worse. I know it helps a lot of folks, but for me, it's not been the case. Not bad... just not the answer i was looking for.

I had trigger point injections & they worked wonderfully for about a week. They were painful injections, but my muscles were so tight & the neck pain was so bad, it was worth it to get any kind of relief.

I hope they work for me just lasting for a week i thought maybe they would last longer. my muscles in my neck and down in the shoulder area are very tight i wake up every morning with a throbbing headache and pain in the back of my head and down my neck..how did you feel after your injections?

I just had 2 occipital nerve blocks done yesterday. I am newly diagnosed with Chiari 1 and have had daily chronic migraines for the last 6 months. The doctors are trying to find out what exactly has been causing the headaches. They said that they will be able to tell better after they see how the nerve blocks help me or not. It said that it will probably not "kick in" for 72 hours. So far, I still am having my regular migraines and my neck and back of my head hurt a lot. Any new input? How did it turn out for you all?