My surgery

I had my decompression surgery on the 14th ughhh!!! Didn’t know it was gonna be this painful. I’m now 10 days post op and still have alot of swelling in my throat and neck. I have to take small bites otherwise I choke. My neck is really stiff. Anyone else have this problem after surgery?

I’m sorry it’s been a painful recovery, Andrea. Thanks for your update. Has your medical care team been able to offer any advice? I haven’t had decompression surgery, but I did want to show my support in your recovery. Hopefully others here will share experiences.

Hugs,

Laurie

Hi Andrea- sorry for your pain! I had fusion surgery (didn't help), but after had severe pain and lots of swelling and trouble swallowing. Blueberries were too big to make it down. It got better slowly but has not gone away (4 mos post surgery). Take care when you eat- and it helps to tell the people you are sharing meals with. When I got something stuck, my sister was usually there in case I needed help. Best wishes

Hey there!!! I’m sorry you are having trouble! After my surgery it took about three weeks until the pain in my throat, neck and even teeth calmed down!!! Lots of cold protein drinks, smoothies and milkshakes!!! It does get better but takes a lot longer than I anticipated it taking! Speedy recovery!!!

Fellow Chiarians....

Have you tried Double Stemcell? Or try to visit this website www.iphytoscience.com for details.This was referred to me by my friend..tnx

Hi Andrea,

I am sorry to hear about your pain, I am sure you will be better soon as the days goes by, so I heard from the people who has done surgery before, of course each individual are different..some recovering quicker than others but the average between 6 to 2 weeks..so,, be patience..at least the worse have been dealt with..but surely the headache are gone, this is just the pain after surgery.,but please keep us informed...