Mri results

Well my mri results say i do not have chiari. Back to drawing board. Will be praying for all of you. Hope they can figure me out. Neurologist next

Hope they figure it out good luck, while I love the support and resources here I don't wish Chiari's on anyone.

Wait! Not all radiologists use the same set of rules to diagnose Chiari. Some require a herniation measurement of at least 3mm, some 5mm, and some (old school) 10mm to call out a Chiari malformation. Like Abby said please get a copy of the images and report. Look at your own brain and try to see if there is a herniation there. Also, did you have a cine MRI? This can show CSF blockage.

Neurologist has all of the records. When i go i will request that mri be re evaluated. Thanks

I have been working with family dr. Hopefully neurologist can have more insight

I agree I know a few who have Chiari 0 - term loosely used to describe people who have Chiari-like symptoms, but have little to no tonsillar herniation. I would get a 2nd opinion if you are able too. Good luck

Abby said:

I would ask for a copy of my MRI and the disc for future references.

You can have Chiari 0 and have symptoms.

I am really hoping you do not have chiari. Let us know.

I agree. They all read differently. ONLY a Neuro Dr can really 100% say.

jcdemar said:

Wait! Not all radiologists use the same set of rules to diagnose Chiari. Some require a herniation measurement of at least 3mm, some 5mm, and some (old school) 10mm to call out a Chiari malformation. Like Abby said please get a copy of the images and report. Look at your own brain and try to see if there is a herniation there. Also, did you have a cine MRI? This can show CSF blockage.