Light sensitivity?

I've always had issues with sunlight, I've had to wear sunglasses when outside since I was little, if there was ANY bit of sunlight out...like dawn to dusk.

Since my surgery, the sunlight still bothers me, but I'm now also having issues with florescent lights.

If I'm somewhere where florescent lights are used, for an extended amount of time, I end up with a major headache and then any type of lights bother me for hours after. For example, today I was at HR getting paperwork and stuff all taken care of since I am being released to go back to work part-time next week. I was there about 2 hours. It was obvious the light was bothering me, even the 2 HR people I was dealing with made a comment about me squinting and they even tried to lower the lights. By the time I was done, I had such a raging headache I wanted to cut my head off. This evening, all light is bothering me, making my eyes water, burn, etc. I don't have a headache, but it is because I took medicine for it earlier.

I am scared about only 2 things about going back to work....1) fire drills and 2) the florescent lights.

Do any of y'all have issues with florescent lights? If so, what do you do about it? Does your workplace have florescent lights? How do you deal with that?

I think the no lights and just a window will be okay for one of my classrooms. (I'm a teacher).

However, I also teach a Robotics course and it is in another classroom and there are no windows. I'm not sure if they will allow me to take lamps in there instead of using the florescent lights.

Do florescent lights seem to strobe when you have them on. Does for me

Yes, it definitely feels like or seems like it does that.