Kid Problem

hey folks,

some of you know that not too long ago I requested a MRI for Katrina. Since the past couple of days since she's been in the ER (it was Monday I think), she has been complain about numbness, dizziness, and now headaches when she tilts her head back.

Any ideas? I know it is vague and I am thinking that CM runs in my family. Her Pediatrician doesn't fully believe because a MRI came back normal. With her other problems that they can't figure all they have managed to do is give us a referral to a Pediatric NL.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated, as I trust ya'll more that those idiots that have MD or DO after their name. I would take her to my PCP but he don't take patients that young.

I will upload a copy of the letter that the pediatrician wrote to the NL later on, trying to keep her calm, maybe that will give more clues

Mike,

Where is she having numbness??? & Has she ever had any eye problems or seen an eye dr?

arm and leg numbness. no eye problems

I thinking off the top of my head two things pernicious anemia and diabetes. Have they done lab work? They have to test the B12 level. Iron and B12 are diffrent.

Susan

I agree with Katie. Ask what her level are and what the normal level are. Lets say normal is 200-800. My level is 300,you can still have the symptoms. I have pernicious anemia even though sometimes my level fall in normal range if its low I still feel the symptoms.

Katie Gleaves said:

I agree with this! But you demand the doctor to run a full feratin level panel instead of a standard iron hemoglobin. You iron hemoglobin test can show iron levels normal and or higher than normal and your feratin can still be way low. I am chronically anemic.

Susan said:

I thinking off the top of my head two things pernicious anemia and diabetes. Have they done lab work? They have to test the B12 level. Iron and B12 are diffrent.

Susan