Just wondering does anyone on here know if rashes are a symptom of CM?

I've noticed every time my symptoms get worse i get really bad rashes too. they're really weird too because i only get the rash on my left side... i usually get them on my neck, underarm, and feet.... at first i thought it was because of my laundry soap or body wash, but i've used the same stuff since i can remember... and why only my left side and not my right????

i just thought it was strange is all...

I'm on pain meds and they have me on meds for spasms, i just recently had the decompression surgery.... i was doing awesome afterwards and felt great.. about a wk after my surgery i developed a CSF leak and had to have my patch replaced... i had to have a shunt in for a little while also. i was doing really good for a few wks when i got home, then started having all sorts of problems.... my doctor doesn't have any answer either.. the rashes are very annoying... but they're about the least of my problems anyways, i just thought they were strange lol I'm new to this whole chiari thing, even though i've been living with most of the symptoms most of my life.. just a little frustrated with the whole thing.

i was on a antibiotic for a little while and also a steroid... i've been seeing my doctor by myself, i need to take someone with me the next time i go to se my NS, my memory isn't the greatest, and i forget to ask certain questions, and dont remember stuff he tells me.... but also i hate it when my friends and family know certain things and they start breathing down my back lol but i guess thats not always a bad thing, sometimes i need somebody to keep me in check lol

I am the same way! I can never remember everything the doctor tells me, so any questions I have for the doctor I write down. Then I use my cell phone and record the discussion with the doctor. That way I can go back and listen to it If I forget. My mom has a mini tape recorder she uses. It has helped out so much!

ron.d said:

i was on a antibiotic for a little while and also a steroid... i've been seeing my doctor by myself, i need to take someone with me the next time i go to se my NS, my memory isn't the greatest, and i forget to ask certain questions, and dont remember stuff he tells me.... but also i hate it when my friends and family know certain things and they start breathing down my back lol but i guess thats not always a bad thing, sometimes i need somebody to keep me in check lol

Steroids cause the body to produce more oil and fat. You can get steroid induced acne. I have a terrible case of it 3 weeks post- op. Good news, takes a few weeks for it to go away once steroids stopped.

thats a good idea, never thought to record my doctor visits. ill have to remember that for nxt time

SparkyID7 said:

I am the same way! I can never remember everything the doctor tells me, so any questions I have for the doctor I write down. Then I use my cell phone and record the discussion with the doctor. That way I can go back and listen to it If I forget. My mom has a mini tape recorder she uses. It has helped out so much!

ron.d said:

thanks Mandy, im learning new stuff everyday, and alot of things are starting to make sense now, this site has been a lot of help... im glad i found :)

Mandy said:

Hi Ron,

I have to make this quick, we are doing some serious house cleaning/organizing today, and I'm getting THE LOOK, lol :)

Okay, so after searching I found information regarding Fibromyalgia rash, neurogenic rash, and neurogenic inflammation. I don't have any good links yet, but I thought this might be a good place for you to start. Evidently (in some people) pain can cause acute inflammation near the skin, and this activates a rash (this is a very short and possibly not entirely accurate description of what I found today). I will get back to this later on tonight, wish I had more time!

Here's the searches I did:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fibromyalgia+rash&oq=fibromyalg...

https://www.google.com/search?q=neurogenic+rash&oq=neurogenic+r...

https://www.google.com/search?q=neurogenic+inflammation&oq=neur...

As a last note, if you aren't already taking anything for inflammation, fish oil/krill oil is one of the best natural methods of handling inflammation.

I'll get back to this later :)

Mandy