Just an update

My repair surgery on June 24 seemed to go well. I was glad I was very upfront about the pain management with my NS before surgery. My stay in ICU was much more tolerable this time. I spent 5 days at the hospital but during my stay they found I had a staph infection and low grade meningitis. I was able to go home on Sat but had to have a PICC line put in my arm so I can take the antibiotics through IV. That really scared me because I have to do it myself but the alternative is to stay in the hospital 10-14 more days which was not an option. I am still very tired and sore but each day is a step closer to recovery. I have my moments when I want to break down because I was supposed to be recovered enough to go back to work next week if it wasn't for the leak and 2nd surgery. I am glad I went ahead with the repair though because it is so nice to have the nausea and pounding headache from the leak gone. I am trying not to stress over the mounting medical bills and the time both my husband and I have missed from work. I know in a few months from now I will be able to look back & see this only as a memory.

Wishing everyone a great & pain free day!

Becki

Glad to hear that you are home and on the mend! :)

Becki,

I am so glad you're feeling better and on the mend. You have been through the ringer for sure. I hope the infection goes away quickly and you can get back to having a great life with your family. A helpful loving husband is priceless. I don't know what I would do without mine. I am praying for you.

Wendy

Hi...

Just wanted to see how you are doing? Hope that you are feeling better. Keep us posted.

Lori