Just a question

To those who are post op when were you all released to drive? Not that im ready because I hate driving.

Hi…I did not drive for many mths…about 5 , i think

O ok im just asking because today was like my second day getting out im still feeling dizzy so im not rushing anything. Thanks Lori

I didn’t attempt to drive for about seven months. I’m ll months post opt and my driving is stil limited. But I’ve had the cervical fusion and I have limited movement to the sides, so I don’t anticipate that I will do a lot a driving in the future. I don’t know about someone who doesn’t have to have the fusion…I would think you could drive a lot sooner. I didn’t have to get to work and I have someone to drive me around. I’m sure that affects how long we wait. It’s probably not wise to drive until one is off all the pain medication.

Hi....

I still don't drive the Thru-Way!!! I know, I'm a wimp...LOL

Then I’m a wimp too… don’t drive the beltway here either. I stick to local roads and don’t do much of that. I don’t have any problem with going forward. Just can’t backup very well because I really can’t see the traffic to the sides. Fortunately my car has the noise beep when you are backing close to something.

lori said:

Hi....

I still don't drive the Thru-Way!!! I know, I'm a wimp...LOL

Hey…thats the kind of car I need!!!