Is it "normal" to have a constant headache?

I was diagnosed with an MRI three weeks ago now (but who's counting???) and have had a constant headache since. I ended up in the ER on Saturday with it and sky high blood pressure, which is unusual for me. She said it was the pain. I have an appointment with the neurologist and neurosurgeon but not for four weeks. Is this what it feels like? Constant agony? I haven't felt like laughing or listening to music. It's really, really awful. Sorry to vent--up at 3 in the morning with the pain.

Most Chiarians have headaches. Mine are on/off but they do last for days at a time with a day or two break in between. Ice packs helps. I was recently put on Phenergan. It helps with nausea and pain. I would call the NL/NS and see if there was any way you can get in sooner. I hope you get a little relief soon! It is tough to deal with the condition. Please feel free to vent anytime!

The headache could be the result of the stress of the whole situation (MRI, diagnosis, etc). Ice pack on the forehead and heat on the neck seems to give my wife relief.

That and having a bath with the lights in the bathroom dim and breathing through a hot soaked face cloth.

Although my daughter's CM was found only 4 weeks into a constant 24/7 headache, it took 18 months for an NS to decide it was most likely due to flow blockage. We've heard that she should eat better (although she has a crazy good diet) and eat worse (too much stress from a good diet). Been told she has too much stress (is a great student) or needs to add more structure to her life (we are laid back parents), she should work out more (does daily and is a great athlete) and should work out less (too hard on her body), etc,...etc,... She's tried pill after pill, had every test under the sun and done all the therapies. Glad we've been thorough and looked at everything from blood infections to hormonal stuff but when it comes right down to it, it can really just be that darn CM!!