Is Autoimmune diseases related to Chiari

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Does anyone dealing with autoimmune diseases with Chiari?

I finally booked surgery for 11/28/16! The only way my surgeon would allow it, is if I got my scalp psoriasis under control. My scalp psoriasis is on the back of my head near my future incision will be. I was diagnosed with it in March 2016 after going to infectious disease doctor and a dermatologist. It is triggered by stress, certain foods, and certain medications. It took about 6 months to get it under control with having 8 little shot injections on my head every week and changed to a Paleo Autoimmune Protocol Diet (gluten-free and non-dairy products).

Can you get an infection from the stitches with having psoriasis since its triggered by stress and because its right near each other. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,

Ashley

Hi I have developed auto-immune issues. I have had cervical stenosis and possible chiari issues emerged about 26 years ago when I was almost 30 after some triggering incidents. The auto-immune stuff became more obvious in like the last 5-8 years, lots of foods and chemical intolerances etc gets frustrating.

I have suspected a connection. NOt sure if perhaps the brain is effected from the pressure with tight spaces in head and neck and that causes malfunction with intolerance to external things. If you find out more the connection please share. I have not had any neuro surgery at this point but have considered it, consulted Dr Heffez and Dr Rosner in the past.

Also I am curious what were in the shots you had in your head? A pain doctor recently offered to do epidural into neck if I want to help shrink the tissue and reduce pain in that area but since I am chemically sensitive and also fragile in general these days I have not done it. I suspect I may have something like Ehlers Danlos Syndrome which could explain a lot of the fragility and poor recovery from invasive procedures. That might be something for you to research.