In serious pain and need help

I do not have insurance, my primary doctor doesn't seem comfortable with prescriptions and pain management doctors seem to only give injections and charge A LOT. I have been having continuous muscle spasms in my neck and throat for 2 months and it is getting to be too much for me. I have the following medications: Flexeril, Tramadol & Imitrex. I take everything with 600mg Advil. I have only been taking daily now for about 2 weeks and if I take the Imitrex I only add Advil. I want to try taking more but am worried about too much advil. I am getting the coated kind. I also use cold and heat depending on what feels better. I am in constant pain from my shoulders up and it is really effecting my quality of life :-(

#1 does anyone have any tips for me that could help??? non medicine or over the counter.

#2 how much Advil can I safely take on a daily basis over a long period of time? Thanks in advance.

Hi Jenna, I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Unfortunately the questions you're asking are likely beyond the remit of your fellow members here as people can only describe their own experiences not prescribe ... but I'm sure someone will have their own stories to share with you. And have you checked out some of the info sheets and coping tips in the section 'Chiari Info for Members' in the menu banner above?

If you're having problems getting insurance then you may want to try your state insurance commissioner. But as for medication and dosage questions, why don't you speak to the dispensing pharmacist at your local pharmacy. They are usually fantastic with this kind of information and can help guide you on when you need the doctors input and when you can safely go otc.

Let us know how you get on and come here for support. Kindest, Jules