I have an appointment with NL

I have an appointment with a NL on 10/18/2011. He is the one that discovered my Syrinx which lead the NS to look deeper and to find that I had CM. I’m glad to be under his care again,since I was released by my NS. Maybe now I can get some meds that will keep my burning to a minimal. I got another prescription for PT, but people at the therapist office act like they didn’t want me to come back. I had a hard time getting back in, but finally they gave me an appointment. If the DR didn’t think I needed it he would not have wrote the order out.

i hope your appointment goes well,

joelene

Good luck!!! What have you tried for the burning?

Only Gabapentin so far im gonna try lyrica on a 7 dsys free trial.

My mom has terrible burning skin and she takes Lyrica for it.

Tradee30 said:

Only Gabapentin so far im gonna try lyrica on a 7 dsys free trial.

Does Lyrica work for her? Today is my 1St day on it I have to take it 2times a day so far it’s doing good but it puts me to sleep. I can’t be sleepy at work so Idk if it’s gonna last a long time or just because this my 1St dose. Maybe I won’t be sleepy after I take it.

That’s why I couldn’t take it. Made me very sleepy and confused.

She takes a lower dose during the day then the regular dose at bedtime.

Keep us posted on how the NL appnt goes. I personally have gotten benefit from PT. I hope you find it as beneficial.

Hello everyone, I went to my NL appt all went well. I was put on Elavil for neck pain, headaches and to help me sleep. Unfortunately Lyrica wasn’t for me because made my heart flutter so I decided not to purchase it. I was on a 7day trial. Another than that things are OK, I’m still having some burning on my left side.

Hope these meds work better. I couldn’t tolerate the Lyrica either.

Tradee30 said:

Hello everyone, I went to my NL appt all went well. I was put on Elavil for neck pain, headaches and to help me sleep. Unfortunately Lyrica wasn’t for me because made my heart flutter so I decided not to purchase it. I was on a 7day trial. Another than that things are OK, I’m still having some burning on my left side.

Hi...How is the Elavil working????

Thinking of you,

Lori

Hello, I’m OK. I’m at therapy as I type. The Elavil is OK it helps relax my muscles and nerves and I’m able to get a good night sleep. No headaches so far, so I guess it’s working OK.