I have a date for surgery

I saw Dr. Tew this week and he said because of the almost total blockage of my csf he felt I need the surgery. So I now have a surgery date. There were some things I wanted/needed to do in March so I am scheduled for April 5.

Interestingly they also asked if I wanted to participate in a clinical study they were doing. So I will be getting another cine either the day before or the morning of surgery. It is longer than the typical 6 minute one that I already had. It's 45 minutes. And then the same thing at 6 months post op. They also invited anyone in my family to get one as part of a control group. Now I need to get prepared for surgery.

I just saw this post Donna! I am glad you had a good visit with Dr. Tew! Sounds like you have a lot going on before surgery, I wish you the best! I see Dr. Tew for my first appointment! I am nervous and also anxiously waiting to hear what he has to say.

Glad you've got everything scheduled! I think you'll really like Mayfield. They turned my life around for sure! :)

Great, on the road to recovery and feeling better. Dr Tew is who I will be seeing next month also. I have all the confidence in the world in him after reading up on him. Good lUCk!

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm scared but hopeful. Anglyn, I have been really grateful to have your surgery experience to read about here. You see and hear so many that are not so great. Your good outcome has given me some confidence in actually having the surgery and not being so freaked out and scared about it. You were getting your surgery not long after I got here. Thanks for sticking around and encouraging us that are headed that way. : )

No problem! Let me know if you have any other questions! :)